Life is Worship

Life is Worship

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Following the Spirit's Leading

A couple of Sundays ago, I was asked to teach the Sunday school class that I attend. It was only by listening to the prompting of the Spirit on my heart that I said yes! Right after I agreed, I thought why in the world did I just agree to this! I did not feel qualified and I definitely felt out of my comfort zone. In class we have been going through the book, Fearless by Max Lucado. This was a good opportunity to put to use everything we had been learning. We were on the last chapter of the book, about the fear of letting God out of the box. Throughout the week, as I thought about how I was going to present the lesson, and what I was going to say, I kept my ears open and my heart open to what God was saying to me. His promptings and ideas about the lesson would come at the times I was least expecting them. God's timing is not our timing. I taught the lesson on the Transfiguration of Christ, but also I focused on getting outside of our comfort zones so that the Spirit can move in our lives and we can grow in our Spiritual walks with the Lord. I have learned through time that God does his best work when we are willing to listen to his voice and get out of the comfort zones we have created for ourselves. I went into teaching still feeling like I was not qualified to teach, but excited to see what God had in store. Teaching that lesson was a blessing in my life. I was faithful in listening to his voice throughout the week, and as I taught, he blessed my faithfulness in what the people in my class shared during our time together. The things that were shared and discussed in class were right along the lines of what God had been teaching me throughout the week. What a wonderful blessing to see God at work right before my eyes because of my willingness to follow his promptings and get outside of my own comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment